Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday, January 25, 2013

Long, long day today...

Got some egg cartons cut up to use for starting seedlings. Harvested three 5 gallon buckets worth of deer poo for the garden. Also moved about 12 cu. ft. of leaves and other yard waste into the two garden areas. Still have tons more to go. My entire body hurts right now.

To move the leaves I had to redneck a wheelbarrow because mine still has straw in it. So I took a Rubbermaid bin and one of the wheeled carts we made and used that. We only lost the bin once. It's amazing how creative you get when you don't want to carry something.

I'd be really happy to add a few truckloads of cow or goat manure to the garden mix. Need to call around and find out prices on that. I also have a 50 gallon metal drum almost full of wood ash that will get added before we're done.

I was planning to take some before and after pics of my garden shed, but we didn't get anything done on it. Hopefully we'll get to that tomorrow.

One of the few people I can stand to come by without notice, stopped by tonight. She stayed to dinner and we all laughed and giggled and had a great time. We haven't been able to hang out like that in awhile so it was really nice.

Dinner tonight was Baked BBQ chicken, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs and green beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment