Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Photo credit: InAweofGod'sCreation
It was a lovely warm day in the backwoods today, in the high 50s. I was able to hang most of the laundry, but the rope we use as a clothesline needs to be tightened. Thankfully Mr. S. will be home this week so he can get it fixed for me, so I can keep taking advantage of the weather.

We came home from N's basketball game last night to find a chicken in the yard. We tried to get her back into the pen for an hour, but finally lost her in the dark. She was in the pen this morning. Next time I won't bother chasing her. I need to get something done about the fence in the pen. I raised it quite a bit with a redneck chicken wire addition but apparently it's still not high enough.

Starting some birdseed sprouts for them tonight, using the jar method. Hopefully they will work, so they can get some greens. Over the summer I will get oats and some black hulled sunflower seeds to sprout over next winter. The sprouts have a high protein content and I've read of egg production being increased by as much as 100% with the addition of sprouts. Plus it will cut down on their feed costs.

We got an offer to buy our old van that's been sitting for awhile. I'm going to have Mr. S. call the guy tonight and let him know everything that's wrong with it.

I was hoping to get the leaves raked up in piles to put into the garden but it's almost 3:00 pm and I still have a lot to do in the house and it's been cooling off pretty early. Maybe tomorrow.

Dinner tonight is Marinated Baked Pork Chops, rice, and corn on the cob.

No comments:

Post a Comment