Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Busy day today.

Photo Credit: Beau B
We didn't go grocery shopping. Long story, but late deposit and no money until Monday. Blech.

It was windy today. Like tie your small dogs down, windy.

I got some of the measurements done for the garden plan, and talked with Mr. S. about the area near the garden shed. There are old rabbit hutches near there and I was just going to dismantle them but they are attached to the garden shed. So we're going to partially dismantle them and use them for shelves for when we're hardening seedlings to keep the cats out of them.

I also sat down with an excel spreadsheet and did some planning for how much seed I need to buy. I need to grow 1000 pounds of Roma tomatoes to be able to can enough to get us through a year! I was kind of freaking out about that until someone on Twitter pointed out that, that is only about 50 plants. Not nearly so scary! We will not, however, have any produce to sell, in all likelihood. But that's okay. The primary goal here is to feed our family. I need to decide here fairly quickly what I'm going to grow for the chickens, also.

We fed the chickens the first sprouts today. They loved them!

I was going to take some pictures today but between the wind, and the littles coughing their heads off, I wasn't outside nearly as much as I had intended to be.

The bathroom is spotless. Please, no one use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment